GNOME.Asia Summit 2014 invites proposals for presentations at the conference. GNOME.Asia Summit is Asia's GNOME user and developer conference, spreading the knowledge of GNOME across Asia. The conference will be held in BeiHang University, Beijing, China on May 24 -25, 2014. The conference follows the release of GNOME 3.12, helping to bring new desktop paradigms that facilitate user interaction in the computing world. It will be a great place to celebrate and explore the many new features and enhancements to the GNOME 3.12 release and to help make GNOME as successful as possible. We welcome proposals by newcomers and experienced speakers alike.
Possible topics include, but not limited to:
How to Promote/Contribute to GNOME in Asia
- GNOME Marketing
- Promotion of Free / Open Source Software
- How to run a Local GNOME Users Group
- Asia success stories / Local GNOME Projects
- GNOME and Educations
- GNOME Outreach Program for Women
- Google Summer of Code
- Latest developments in GNOME
- GNOME 3 & GNOME 3 Usability
- GNOME Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design)
- QA and testing in GNOME
- GNOME Accessibility
- GNOME Coding How-to
- Writing applications for GNOME 3
- Integration of web life into the desktop
Adapting GNOME to new types of devices
- Developing GNOME on mobile devices (smart phones, tablets)
- Developing GNOME on embedded systems or open source hardware
- On-going projects and success stories
- Finding Free and Open Source friendly hardware manufacturers
Localization and Internationalization
- Input methods
Other topics could include any topic related to Free and Open Source Software not listed above.
Lightning talks! A five minute presentation to demonstrate your work or promote an interesting topic. These talks will be grouped together in a single session.
A standard session at GNOME.Asia 2014 will be scheduled as 45 mins (35 mins talk + 10 mins Q&A). Please take into consideration any time you will need for preparation. The session could be a technical talk, panel discussion, or BOF.
If you’d like to share your knowledge and experience at GNOME.Asia 2014, please fill in the form at before March 3th, 2014. Please provide a short abstract about your proposal (under 150 words). Include your name, biographical information, a photo suitable for the web, a title, and a description of your presentation . The reviewing team will evaluate the entries based on the submitted abstracts and available time in the schedule. You will be contacted before March 16th, 2014 on whether your submission has been accepted or not.
All interested contributors are highly encouraged to send in their talks. Please help us to spread the invitation to other potential participants. Even you do not plan to be a speaker, please consider joining GNOME.Asia 2014. This is going to be a great event!